RE: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ChiragDBA@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:49:19 -0400

Chirag,

When you see an ORA-3113 error, it's always important to check
your dump directory for a trace file.  Often, there will be one
with more details on the error that occurred.  ORA-3113 is
basically just the Oracle client telling you "I lost my=20
connection to the database unexpectedly".  The dump directory
may help more info available.

-Mark