RE: ORA-00018 issues

  • From: "Tanel Poder" <tanel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sxmte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 23:21:38 +0200

I saw some answers already, including the part that sessions high water mark
(from v$resource_limit right?) was less than max sessions and v$session
shows only 16 sessions.

Here's my take.

Btw, I think this is not related to running out of process state objects as
this would result in ORA-00020.

v$session does not show all session slots in use. For example recursive
sessions are hidden in v$session.

There are two ways for checking out what's happening (you need to start a
DBA session first, then connect with the java program to cause this
problem).

Then run this to identify hidden sessions:

1)

select
    to_char(ksspaflg, 'XX') state
  , to_char(ksuseflg, 'XXXXXXXX') flag_hex
  , ksuudlna logon_user
  , ksuudnam current_user
  , ksuseltm logon_time
  , ksusepid client_pid
  , ksuseunm os_user
  , ksusemnm machine
  , ksusepnm program
from x$ksuse
where
    bitand(ksspaflg,2) != 2
and indx not in (select sid from v$session)
and ksuseflg > 0
/

Or take a systemstate dump to see to which process the allocated sessions
belong:

2) alter session set events 'immediate trace name systemstate level 2';

...and grep for "(session)" to list all session state objects.

--
Regards,
Tanel Poder