RE: ORA-00018 issues

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sxmte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sxmte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:56:54 -0500

Simple test:

Reboot box, get back to ground zero.
Now, login, do:
Show parameter sessions
Select count(*) from v$session;

Do not give up your established connection!
Now, have the consultant login/attempt to login.

If he gets the error, repeat the two commands above:
Show parameter sessions
Select count(*) from v$session;

Compare the results.  I'd expect the value of sessions is not going to change.
(I'm pretty sure it can't chance w/o a bounce.)  However, I'd be interested to
know what difference you see in the count(*) from v$session query results.

-Mark