Re: OEMGC on VM with Windows 2008 Server

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:21:25 -0300

I Have an APEX I use for development on a VM on my personal LAN and it works
fairly well... mind you, it's not a full load test server, for that I have
the production LAN in which I have an LPAR for dev/test purposes.

Both the dev/test and prod OEMGC  are on LPARs which are virtual servers but
far better than VMW.

I have ran APEX on HTTP Server (back in 10.2.0.3 days) for production and it
was stable... it required some tweaking on the VM side, but it should be
fairly simple.

On the other hand, you can try Oracle VM, which in theory works ok with
OEMGC.

I used to have a OEMGC in a portable VM so when I got to a customer's office
I'd fire it up and have a working OMS there... it was a ugly config and it
usually had no more than three or four targets, but it worked. (I've since
stopped visiting small customers and started working for very large
corporations, so having a full LPAR or seven for the Grid is possible)...

I guess the answer there depends on the number of targets you are planning
to have.

hth
Alan.-