OCM funny pre-requists - two advanced courses from OU.

  • From: The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:36:58 +0300

Hi,

Okay, I am already 8i and 9i dba and I lost faith in doing OCP any
more since just reading dump (example questions) anyone can pass.
I wanted to do the OCM, but, surprised to see the pre-requisit for
this. They ask 3 - 4 years of production experience and working
experience on LINUX plat-form, these are acceptable. Only the problem
is that the restriction that they have put, is that to do two advanced
courses. I dont think so that beginners can go for OCM like OCP and of
couse, only experienced DBA will go for it.
Doing two advanced courses from oracle university, is the way they
wanted to make money? Dont we have rights to ask oracle why such
restriction is put in place? For me I dont think that these two
advanced courses are required to appear for OCM. We are spending $2k
for OCM and again $1,800*2 for two courses, which we already aware of.

What is your opinion?

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain