Re: OCM Oracle Certified Master exam preparation

  • From: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:28:01 +0100

For example the candidate guides states that Streams is included, I wont lie
and I admit that I have not used Streams before not in 9i nor 10g and
probably I wont use it in the next 2 years.

But hey I am quite good find stuffs in the documentation, since we can bring
a copy of that to the exam I might be safe? :-P^

On 2/2/07, Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's the point. =) Let me quote a couple folks:

   - "Scenarios must be completed within a specific time, which
   requires candidates to use an organized approach, tap into their expertise,
   and deploy best practices in order to effectively complete the stated
   tasks." Jim Dilanni,
   http://www.oracle.com/technology/oramag/oracle/04-mar/o24tech_ocp.html
   - "Effective time management is a critical success factor. The exam
   modules are designed to fill the entire time period. Although you don't
   necessarily have to succeed in or complete every task to pass, you should
   spend the entire time span accomplishing as much as you can. Expect to be
   working two 8-to-8.5-hour days. Don't book your return flight for 2
   p.m. the second day!" Gerry Jurrens
http://www.oracle.com/technology/oramag/oracle/04-may/o34tech_ocp.html

The OCM is not a quiz, it is a test of how well you know your stuff. There
are some things that you may find very easy because you do them every day;
and others that you may find difficult because you only read about them. It
might be wise to do more than just read about those things you do not do
everyday. If you can master the basic concepts, you will have laid a good
foundation in preparing for this challenge.

--
Charles Schultz