Num of Partitions with Subpartitions - quick newbie question

  • From: <Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:59:47 -0600

We're experimenting with partitioning a table into many partitions with many
subpartitions because of the way we process by Organization IDs and Secure
Profiles - related to parallel application server processing.
Is there a MAXIMUM (or recommended value to keep under) for number of
partitions and/or subpartitions?

This table (if design works) would have approximately 8000 subpartitions and
1/4 of that in partitions I think.  (I don't have the numbers off the top of my
head)

Regards,

Chris Taylor
Oracle DBA