RE: No to SQL? Anti-database movement gains steam

  • From: Martin Brown <martinfbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mfbrown16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 13:39:37 -0400

I work with a very talented group of developers. Yes, they have their faults --
but so do I. The vast majority of code that I watch flying through our database
that needs tuning is the generated crap. Anyone else see the same stuff?

From: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 10:24:31 -0700
Subject: Re: No to SQL? Anti-database movement gains steam
To: mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx; Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Matthew Zito <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So why can't we have both?

Matt

No reason to not have both, and the companies you mention have
very good reasons for using the tools they do.

Matt, I think your perspective may be a bit different than many
of the respondents to this thread.

Many DBA's have to deal with developers that (speaking only of
databases here) know how to use a hammer, and every data
storage solution looks like a nail.

Jared