Re: "No bind buffers allocated" and "_optim_peek_user_binds = true"

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wolfgang Breitling" <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:46:29 -0500

I filed a bug with Oracle. Apparently, bind buffers are not peeked when you
set statistics_level = ALL in 10.2.0.2. At least, not for my simple tests.

I was using statistics_level = all because it makes Cardinality Feedback so
much simpler (query 2 dictionary tables, as opposed to ripping apart 10046
and 10053 traces). So much for that idea....

On 9/12/06, Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is straight pl/sql issued via sqlplus from the command line on the same host.

On 9/12/06, Wolfgang Breitling < breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > What is the application which shows that? It is possible to for an > application > to issue a parse call without supplying bind values. There was a problem > with a > version of JDBC which it didn't send bind info, but I believe that is > fixed in > 10.2 - assuming the client also has been upgraded to 10.2. > Christian Antognini will know more details about this. > > Quoting Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>: > > > Under which circumstances will a bind buffer not be allocated? I was > > diagnosing a 10053 trace and even though it looks like the bind > variables > > should be peeked, I get empty buffers. The query plan seems to reflect > this, > > -- > regards > > Wolfgang Breitling > Oracle 7,8,8i,9i OCP DBA > Centrex Consulting Corporation > www.centrexcc.com > >

-- Charles Schultz

-- Charles Schultz