Re: New metalink

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:00:04 -0700

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Guillermo Alan Bort
<cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> And to be honest the search functionality leaves much to be desired. It
> looks like they just replace spaces with % in a query. Obviously that
> returns results from 100 different products and versions that have nothing
> to do with what I want.

I believe that 'context' searching still works, where 'context' refers to
the oracle product that allows creation of domain indexes, whatever they
are called now.

For instance {find this phrase} will find exactly what is in the curly
braces.
There are and/or operators too, though I would have to look them up again.

What is really annoying with search is that Oracle may add other words to
your search terms, and there is little you can do about it.
The app tells you when this has occurred, but I don't think you can change
the behavior.

Jared