Re: New metalink

  • From: Wayne Smith <wts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 02:26:05 -0400

The 1-hour timeout is an unnecessary hassle, but it doesn't lose your page,
at least with Firefox v13.  Just pick a tab, click OK on the timeout
display and wait for the sign in screen. Sign in.  Your page will return.
For your other tabs, use the browser reload function to get back each tab.
Often a second sign in isn't necessary and your page reappears.
I've explained this and other timeout issues (they fixed the others) in a
couple of SRs and have had calls from very sympathetic reps (who are
handicapped with these same timeouts.

I'm one that's very happy the Flash is gone.   I'm hoping they can squeeze
a bit more performance out of it, though.  That said, the pathetic and
annoying timeouts make the upgrade an improvement, but significant
disappointment.   I would NOT be happy with 4 hours ... 48 or 480 maybe.
My guess is that the Flash MOS designers are now the timeout managers.
Flash is gone ... please don't give up on getting rid of the timeouts!

Cheers, Wayne
Wayne T Smith - wts@xxxxxxxxx - UMS-ITS-S&O -

   - "Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to
   be wrong" - Peter T Mcintyre