New bie Information of redo and datafile

  • From: "nilesh kumar" <nileshkum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 20:00:05 +0530

Hello All,

Good Morning!,
Hope every one is doing good.

I have a very simple two questions:-

1. If I issue a sql statement to insert value or delete value or modify the
value in the table. What exact information goes in the redolog file and
datafile. I know that redo entries goes in the redolog file, but I need to
know what exactly get stored in the redolog file and datafile.

2.  Suppose  a dba gets a  pager that datafile threshold has reached 90% and
he goes and add a datafile . How does oracle comes to know that after the
current datafile is full it needs to store the data in the new datafile
added.

Thanks
Nilesh