Re: RMAN Restore with Incremental

  • From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 09:32:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Robert,

Can I confirm I understand correctly your remark "one block change in a
datafile will cause the entire datafile to be backed up" ?   If I have a (full)
4Gb datafile, say, and change a single block (eg. a single row in a table),
then the whole 4Gb datafile will be backed up in a subsequent incremental level
1 backup?

This doesn't really seem to tie in to what I've seen in the past - my
understanding was only that changed blocks would go into the incremental -
regardless of the use of BCTF.  Could you point me to the right place in the
manual - please!

Thank you very much!
Charlotte