Re: Network ACL or not

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 15:25:11 -0500

I have not found any point in it.  You have to grant access to the specific
procedures that access the network in any case (eg, utl_mail), so adding
the additional level of required privilege is simply annoying.  Plus, if
they user is signing into the database in all probability they already have
substantial network access, so all the ACL requirement does is restrict
their access going through Oracle.

--
Andrew W. Kerber