RE: Network ACL or not

  • From: "Freeman, Donald G. CTR (ABL)" <donald.freeman.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 20:11:05 +0000

I think most "companies" wouldn't know what an ACL was if it was rolled up
and stuck in their eye.  Oracle features get adopted because a particular
skilled advocate outshouts some other technology enthusiast who has a
different method of implementing "X."    At best, we implement cook-book
solutions from a list of "best-practices" probably without understanding the
implications of the implementation or how to properly test it.   I can tell
you the impetus to change or upgrade anything is usually based more on the
negative factors of a product going off support than any benefit to be
gained by upgrading something.  Sorry ...caught me during an unusually happy
moment ....