Re: NetApp SnapManager - Solution for test db creation and storage reduction

  • From: Edgar Chupit <chupit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cshapi@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 09:43:00 +0100

Hi Chen,

But what about NetApp integration with RMAN. I was browsing NetApp
website and found out, that the only way to integrate NetApp snapshot
facility with RMAN is to use SnapManager plugin for Oracle RMAN, is it
so or there are ways around it?

Honestly, I usually feel more comfortable, when RMAN/Oracle knows
about backups and can be used to do recovery.

Best regards,
 Edgar Chupit
 callto://edgar.chupit

// snip