RE: NetApp SnapManager - Solution for test db creation and storage reduction

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "chupit@xxxxxxxxx" <chupit@xxxxxxxxx>, "cshapi@xxxxxxxxx" <cshapi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:06:29 +0100

Edgar,

What snapmanager does is mounting the the snapshot as a virtual volume and then
running the rman catalog command to catalog the datafiles within the snapshot
as a datafile backup copy.
So, if you want you can write a script that does the exact same thing.

regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator