RE: Need help identifying why my query is not using a unique index efficiently

  • From: "Tony Aponte" <Tony_Aponte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:22:34 -0400

Thanks for all the replies and my apologies for not being clearer. The
query is from a packaged app. that I cannot change running version
9.2.0.7 on Tru64.  The explain plan and v$sql_plan agree with each other
in both the real query as well as my trimmed-down scenario.  I didn't
even add data to my because it wasn't making a difference as the
behavior remain the same.  I've decided to control the QEP via a stored
outline.  More and more I grow disillusioned with the CBO's care,
feeding and taming requirements and the negative impact that it has to
my business.  In this case I've decided that the time I've already spent
as well as the bad customer experience has outweighed whatever penalty
I'll pay with an outline.

Thanks again to all who replied and those whom pondered it.
Tony Aponte