Re: context index

  • From: Job Miller <jobmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 06:50:44 -0700 (PDT)

a little looking in the docs should straighten that out for you.

  It is just some additional preferences for each table created as part of the
text index.

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/text.102/b14218/cdatadic.htm#sthref815

  begin
ctx_ddl.create_preference('mystore', 'BASIC_STORAGE');
ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystore', 'I_TABLE_CLAUSE',
                        'tablespace foo storage (initial 1K)');
ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystore', 'K_TABLE_CLAUSE',
                        'tablespace foo storage (initial 1K)');
ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystore', 'R_TABLE_CLAUSE',
                        'tablespace users storage (initial 1K) lob
                         (data) store as (disable storage in row cache)');
ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystore', 'N_TABLE_CLAUSE',
                        'tablespace foo storage (initial 1K)');
ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystore', 'I_INDEX_CLAUSE',
                        'tablespace foo storage (initial 1K) compress 2');
ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystore', 'P_TABLE_CLAUSE',
                        'tablespace foo storage (initial 1K)');
end;

David Boyd <davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I created a context index as following:

CREATE INDEX me.attachment_IDX ON me.test_table
(ATTACHMENT)
INDEXTYPE IS CTXSYS.CONTEXT

The index is stored in SYSTEM tablespace. I was wondering if there is a way
that I can create a context index in the tablespace I want. The context
index in SYSTEM tablespace causes a VIOLATION for copying data with
transportable tablespace method.

Dave

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.