Re: Moving Database from one DG to another

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:21:21 +0200

Well, if your requirement is to free up the disk from one diskgroup
than instead of creating new diskgroup you might consider just adding
disks to DtDg1 and removing disk that you need to use for something
else. ASM will automatically do rebalancing for you and free the disk
that you are dropping from the disk group.

There are few gotchas:
- you can't change diskgroup mirroring type
- you should mix disks with different performance in one DG (well ok
only during migration to new disk group). ASM doesn't automatically
rebalances the load based on performance/response of disks.

2006/6/15, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi

I have single instance Dev database using ASM and it is using DtDg1 as Disk
group. Now I want to move the whole database to DtDg2 Disk group as  I had
to use Disk involved in DtDg1 for some other purpose as it RAID 1+0 while
disk involved in new DtDg2 is RAID 5. This is not actively used database and
is not in Archive log mode.

I found few article to move the Tablespace other than SYSTEM/SYSAUX

Thank you for the help

Sanjay

http://mail.yahoo.com

--