Re: Moving Database from one DG to another

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:24:11 -0700 (PDT)

Alex

  So I can use any of the method as I even tested all of these but only using
on tablespace basis. Then it look like that I will use the same method to copy
all files including Control file and then rename the file to make the changes
in Control file.

  Please correct me if I am wrong
  Thanks
  Sanjay

Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  In this case you would follow the same procedures as moving any other
datafiles. The only difference is that you need to copy datafiles in
ASM. There are few ways - using RMAN, Using FTP via XDB. Using
DBMS_FILE_TRANSFER package (if I remeber the name correctly).

2006/6/15, Sanjay Mishra :

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev