Re: Monitoring server

  • From: lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 09:25:55 -0500

I think that all depends on you're internal auditing procedures.  Our College
is very interested in statistics of certain database on-the-fly, as something
important is happening.  ie, fall registration, then spring registration, etc.
We might keep them around for a year... to see what was going on last year, at
the same time.  For example, this year, we've had the highest registration
ever, in the fall.  So, in a few weeks, it will be nice to see what happens for
the spring registration.
But, again, it probably all depends on your company and what they want to do
with all the stats.  To tell the truth, i use the Grid repository as the "test
bed" for any kind of the thing i want to play with, backups, recovery, etc,
etc.  /wink

Lyall