Re: Monitoring server

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:31:17 +0200

We use a 2 node rac.
The Grid repository is Rac database that is shared on the two nodes.
Each node has grid and each grid monitors the other grid.

The monitored servers are divided between the two grids, so each one upload the data to one grid. Since both grids update the same database, the whole data is available from each grid.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Ram Raman wrote:
Listers,
While configuring a monitoring server like Grid control server (or any other type), how much of High availability or redundancy factors should we consider. What happens when the monitoring server itself goes down. I am curious to know how it is handled. Thanks.