Re: Monitoring emails

  • From: Alfredo Abate <alfredo.abate@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 14:02:21 -0500

Ram,

The important question is how many are Critical alerts vs Warning alerts?
I would think if you are getting 100s of Ciritcal alerts there is a
problem. :) I can see getting Warning alerts frequently but perhaps you
filter those to go to different folder, etc that can be reviewed a few
times per day.

For us we get Warning alerts throughout the day (maybe 25 - 100) and
Critical alerts very few if any per day. It all depends what is important
to you and the team managing the databases. This is where trying to find a
good balance between being proactive towards preventing something and
general "noise" can become an art as much as it is a science.

Alfredo

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Ram Raman <veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

List,

How many automated emails do listers get from all the databases that are
being monitored on a daily basis?

We get a few hundred emails a day (<100 DBs), but some new members here
feel that is too many and want us to cut down on that. I personally feel
that most of the messages are relevant to us.

Thanks
Ram.