RE: Methods to Create Smaller Test DB from Production?

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:12:01 -0600

David - I disagree. I feel that your energy is better expended in creating
test databases by recovering your production backup. You do test your
backups, don't you? When we have created subset databases, the testing often
failed to reveal problems, or the users would become frustrated with missing
data. Just my 2 cents worth.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.