RE: Meta link is down

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 09:15:55 -0500

2 features seem to be missing, at least for me, under the new interface
- bookmarks and cut-paste.  Under the "old" metalink, we had a link at
the top named "Bookmarks" where we could save links within metalink we
frequently accessed or just wanted to make note of for whatever reason.
I found it handy to not mess with "Favorites" in IE and instead use this
for things like the ORA-00600 lookup tool.

As for cut-paste, I must be really behind the times because a simple
ctrl-insert and shift-insert doesn't paste into the new interface.  Kind
of a pain if I've got some stupid error phrase that I'm trying to look
up.

I know I can use the old interface, but I thought I'd at least point
these 2 out if nothing else to have someone show me why I need to get
with the times (still using SQL*Worksheet).

Thanks.

Dave

Dave Herring, DBA |   A c x i o m  M I C S / C S O

630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 wireless | 630-944-4989 fax