RE: Measuring PLSQL-SQL context switches

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:34:24 -0400

Hemant,

I'm pretty sure the statistic you're after is 'recursive calls'.  Each time
PL/SQL does a context switch to SQL, it's counted as a recursive call.

This was discussed, I thought, on the OTN Database forum, but I just spent more
than 30 minutes looking for the discussion, with no luck....

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies

ProQuest...Start here.