Re: Measuring IOPS

  • From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:17:38 -0400

We opened a ticket to get a 1 time metadata export of the production
database. We noticed that some tables were in different tablespaces in
production than we have in our dev/test environment. We are not the initial
development team and one the contract away from another vendor. To do this,
we had to open a ticket with operations. They had I believe 6 weeks to
review. They generally always wait the entire 6 weeks  before responding
Initially it was declined. The decline comes in an email. We get no phone
contact. I can't remember the reason. That got resolved. Another 6 weeks
and it got approved. The operations team had 3 months to do this task. We
sent the the export script (you  know one whole line). They didn't do it.
After 3 months the ticket auto closed and it was never completed. Manager
decided its not worth asking for this again.
So in short. No. It isn't anyones fault. I have talked to some of their
DBAs. They seem to have an incredible amount of work to do for the number
of DBAs they have. They support alot of contracts. However, their contract
is only budgeted for nuts and bolts DBA support. Plus they also have to
interact with other vendors that have other contracts and work to those as
well. I wouldn't want to work there.