Re: Measuring IOPS

  • From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:03:55 -0400

Martin,
how reliable are the DB numbers? Another company has the operations
contract so I don't get OEM access and they don't monitor performance. They
basically do nuts and bolts (DB is up, backup recovery, call us if CPU gets
too high), so I need to collect this myself. They only keep the AWR
repository for 7 days, so I'm working on scripts to extract pieces of this
to keep longer (want pieces to conserve space).

is this even worth looking at? If its not reliable I won't bother. I don't
get OS access which is how I used to monitor this stuff either and I won't
get any support for this from operations (even if I gave them a script that
monitored the OS and inserted records to a table).