Re: Mask selected column for selected users

  • From: Adam Musch <ahmusch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:34:17 -0600

Well, there's Oracle Label Security and/or Trusted Oracle.  I suspect
the masking functions there are slightly more sophisticated than
DBMS_RLS's null-masking.  It would be nice if VPD allowed you to mask
a subset of the column's data -- like, say, all but the last 4 digits
of a numeric field -- or to set your own mask when setting the policy,
but at least in 10gR2, that's got to be done with a view or at the
application level.

--
Adam Musch
ahmusch@xxxxxxxxx