Re: How to estimate TEMP usage for DBMS_STATS?

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:26:45 -0800

> this possible).  So worst case scenario I'd say, temp would need to be
> as large as your largest segment.

Hi Rich,

I notice that you are using a combination of parallel => 2, and the
method_opt=> FOR ALL COLUMNS SIZE AUTO. This basically means that you
*may* be running two threads that might select, sort and count (in
TEMP) multiple columns to determine histograms. If one thread
analyzing your largest segment occupies all the TEMP area, you may
still need some more for the histogram calculations (along with other
active TEMP users at that time). I would give it a 1.5 times your
largest segment just to be sure.

--
John Kanagaraj <><
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnkanagaraj