RE: MV Refresh to a specific SCN/PIT or consistently

  • From: <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx, "oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 12:25:41 -0700

 Materialized view refresh groups (http://docs.oracle.com/=
cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28326/repmview.htm#i27670[1]) are designed for de=
aling with this situation.
=0A=0A=0A-------- Original Message -= -------
=0ASubject: MV Refresh to a specific SCN/PIT or consistently
= =0AFrom: Guillermo Alan Bort <ci= cciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx[2]>
=0ADate: Thu, July 04, 2013 1:12 pm
=0ATo:= oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@= freelists.org[3]>
=0A
=0AHi,
=0A We have a set of (near 700) = tables (about 300G) that we need to
replicate
=0Aevery night and keep st= atic. The idea is that we have an environment
frozen
=0Ato the day befor= e where we can run certain reports and stuff like that.
The
=0Aarchitect= decided to implement materialized views to solve this problem.
=0AHowev= er, we are now facing the problem that since the MV refresh
doesn't
=0Ah= appen at the same time for all the tables (some take up to an hour) we
end=0Aup with inconsistent data (child records with no parent).
=0A
= =0A We are looking for a way to keep the data consistent. We thought of
us=ing
=0Athe SCN, but that would require manually issuing the refresh stat= ement
=0Awhich won't happen since it's a daily task.
=0A
=0A Does= anyone have any idea, insight, notion or experience about
something
=0A= like this?
=0A
=0A This is on 11.2.0.3 on exadata