RE: Looking for notes / examples where OFE doesn't help

  • From: Dave Morgan <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 07:01:40 -0700

Hi Hemant,
        This is anecdotal so I don't know if it is much help, but just like
legends, anecdotal
evidence is often based on experience.

When upgrading, if possible, I leave the OFE at the version of the original
database and then
after the database has stabilized and any required fixes applied I bounce and
use a new OFE.

The reason for this is I rarely/occasionally have a small number of queries go
sideways with the original
OFE instead of the common/many problems encountered when raising the OFE during
a migration.

Then when we lift the OFE systems can claim the reason for any problems is bad
code, since the
upgrade has already been deemed a success :)

YMMV
Dave

--
Dave Morgan
Senior Consultant, 1001111 Alberta Limited