Re: Logical Standby Database Question

  • From: "Mark Strickland" <strickland.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "David Sharples" <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 06:49:29 -0700

Thank you for the responses:  Yes, we've considered the impact if the
physical standby is out of commission for an extended time.  The end-users
can live without their reporting database for a day.  Mission-critical
reporting is going to stay on the primary.  I'm looking for a best practice
if there is one and, if anyone has actually implemented a cascaded
configuration, have there been any gotchas.

Mark

On 6/2/06, David Sharples <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

well yes that's what I implied, ab it useless for reporting purposes if you dont have all the data to report on.

On 02/06/06, Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > David, > the log stdby will still be available, but not updated, until the > physical one resumes sending it's redologs. >