Re: Lock

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:35:42 -0000

Ambiguous question, really.

Each row will have its lock byte set.
Each table block involved will have one ITL entry used to identify the
locking transaction
There will be a TM lock (mode 3, id1 = table's object_id) displayed in
v$lock to show that there is an active transaction modifying the table.
There will be a TX lock displayed in v$lock which will report the
transaction table entry from the undo segment header being used by the
transaction

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com