RE: Lock

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'toon.koppelaars@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <toon.koppelaars@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 07:08:15 -0500

From a technical perspective, no not really.

You would want to know the Oracle behavior - could you imagine if Oracle
created one lock for EACH row affected by an update/insert/delete statement in
a very active OLTP (type) system?  DBAs would have to then be managing lock
parameters by expected transactions and users I would think.

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily
reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its
employees.