Re: License pricing

  • From: Lothar Flatz <l.flatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 07:50:20 +0100

Try to sell something that is not Hana to a SAP shop. Good luck! Your chances are better if you want to make a democrat out of Mrs. Palin.

On 08.03.2016 01:57, Ryan January wrote:

The next logical step is how many companies running SAP (or any other MS SQL based application) will jump to MS SQL now that it's running on Linux? That seems like a small market to me.
I'd argue that it still changes nothing as MS SQL server is /already/ an option for that software.

On Mar 7, 2016, at 6:53 PM, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

On 03/07/2016 07:21 PM, Iggy Fernandez wrote:
For Linux, customers already have a wide choice of lower-cost, full-featuresd players: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Informix, Sybase, and Ingres in addition to Oracle. How does adding another lower-cost player change Oracle's sales prospects?
It changes things because SQL Server has a bunch of applications running against it, SAP being one of them. And I wouldn't call MySQL or PostgreSQL "full featured".

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA