Keeping users out

  • From: Sharon.Kovac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:16:15 -0600

Hi everyone,

Currently, we have Sunday mornings reserved for maintenance/updates/
whatever we need.  This has worked great in the past.  However, our site
in Australia has added a third shift on Sunday night which is 7am my local
time, right in the middle of our maintenance window.  I'm looking for
suggestions as to how to keep users out even though the database and the
E-Business Suite are up.  The twist that makes this difficult is that I
still need the db and the apps available for my local super-users.  For
example, I recompile some packages, alter some tables and add a new form.
Now I need the super-users to test the changes that I just made.  How can
I allows those users in and keep the Aussies out?  Is there a hardware
solution?

Thanks!
Sharon
Sharon Kovac | RotoMetrics
Phone: +1 636 587 3600 | Fax: +1 636 587 3701800 Howerton Lane | Eureka, MO
63025 | USA
www.rotometrics.com
This e-mail message is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s)
named above. This message is confidential. If you are not an intended
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail and delete the original message.

.

GIF image