JAVA_XA

  • From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 02:36:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,
I'm entering the world of distributed transactions for the first time. We are
using the Websphere as the transaction manager. The developers have asked to
have the JVM and the JAVA_XA package. I'm struggling to find any decent docs on
JAVA_XA. In particular do we really need this for Oracle to participate in
(rather than manage) an XA transaction?

Any pointers to docs about this configuration (Oracle/Websphere/XA) for a DBA
would be very welcome.

Many thanks again!
Charlotte

Access, No Cost.