Is there any equivalent tool similar to Designer?

  • From: Ram Srinivasan <srinivasanram2004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 16:10:13 -0400

All:
  As the DBA Team Lead, I am in a dilemma.  One of my experineced DBA
insists that the developers/programmers must use the Designer tool to
design the table structures, modify the design, and other database
activities.  However, the developers hate this "user-unfriendly" cumbersome
tool, and keep complaining to me to find an alternate tool for version
control.
  My question to the group is:  Is there any similar tool to the Designer,
which is user-friendly and easy to use?  We have money to purchase any
other equivalent software.  The Designer is a freebee that comes with the
Oracle software.
  Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
--
Sincerely