Re: Install Oracle XE with character set WE8ISO8859P1

  • From: "Kurt Van Meerbeeck" <kurtvm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ecandrietta@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:03:49 +0000

Hi,

Basically, you can't choose the codepage during installation.

There are 2 versions of XE - one universal one with a multibyte unicode codepage
and one with a LATIN1 codepage. So, you downloaded the universal.
If you want an ISO8859P1 codepage - download the western european one:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/xe/htdocs/102xelinsoft.html

cheers,
Kurt

: Bobak, Mark [mailto:Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx]