Initialization parameter transactions_per_rollback_segment, can you set this?

  • From: "Arnold, Sandra" <ArnoldS@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:47:31 -0400

Is there a way to set the transactions_per_rollback_segment to a higher
number than the default?  I would like to increase this so that I do not
have 74 rollback segments created.  Instead I would like to increase it
to 10 so that I can have 37 rollback segments created.

I am getting snapshot too old errors for a transaction that is
committing after each record is inserted or updated.  I cannot increase
my undo tablespace to the size it is advising me so I thought if I could
decrease the number of rollback segments it would allow more space for
each rollback segment.

The version of Oracle that I am working with is 10.1.0.4 on a Solaris
64bit platform.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Sandra Arnold