RE: Index on status field?

  • From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Riyaj Shamsudeen <rshamsud@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:50:08 -0700 (PDT)

Riyaj,

Thanks a lot.

Lex, thanks to you too.

This finally explains everything.

Of course that there is nothing else Oracle can use
that is smart enough to populate the missing index
slots.

It looks very consistent that whetever is deleted in
the table should soon be populated and so the index
entry will be reused.

Smart at the end. Maybe the easiest method anyway,
because rowid needs to be there.

I believe I am not the only one not knowing this ;)
I basically never needed to think about this till now.
But again this is not excuse for not knowing it :)

Regards,
Zoran

--- Riyaj Shamsudeen <rshamsud@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Zoran
>       AFAIK, even non-unique btree indices are unique ;-)
>       By combining non-unique columns and rowid

Yahoo! Messenger