RE: Index on status field?

  • From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lex de Haan <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 13:56:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Lex,

Thanks for the answer.
Again did not get it.

Do you mean exact value as the separator or rowid for
that value?

What I have are 1M rows with the same value 0.
When I delete some of them a few entries are left
empty.
Some of these entries are reused and some of them not
after inserting few 0 again.

I used analyze validate structure with
select lf_rows, del_lf_rows from index_stats;

but did not get it. It is not sequential. It can be
based on the rowid though as Christo pointed.

But how it works exactly?

Is your separator rowid from the branch block?
This will mean if the row is going to the same entry
in the table the index entry will go to the same index
empty entry ...... crazy or is it?

Even Jonathan Lewis articles did not point me to the
answer, the same with asktom.
I probably missed it somewhere.

Regards,
Zoran