How to setup RAC to avoid Inter-Instance Parallelism

  • From: GBA-DBA <gba.oraclel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:10:38 -0500

Hello list,

I have a two node 10.1.0.5 RAC setup

serv1 - instance 1
serv2 - instance 2

We are using parallel query for batch processing. The time to complete batch
is ok when we run in a non clustered environment (that's what we have in dev
and integrated testing) but when we move the batch to a clustered testing
environment similar to prod everything takes 2 or 3 times longer.

I have noticed that some of the slave processes go to instance 1 and some of
them go to instance 2. I would like to confine the parallel slaves to one
instance but I don't fully understand how to setup the instance_groups and
parallel_instance_groups to achieve this.

Could anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards