Re: Wrong execution plan

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "joerg.jost" <joerg.jost@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 08:58:04 -0700

Joerg,

> I resolved the actual situation with removing the plan from the shared
> pool. After this the optimizer generated a plan with the primary key.

Be aware that bind peeking occurs even when Histograms are not present
- changing LO/HI values also causes this and given the fact that the
right plan was chosen when you flushed this from the shared pool, it
is a probable cause. How are you collecting your stats, and what is
the rate of change in lo/hi values? Investigate this line of thought
and you will probably arrive at he root cause of the problem. We would
appreciate it if you found anything and posted it back to the list.

--
John Kanagaraj <><
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnkanagaraj