How to restore only archives from RMAN catalog

  • From: "Shastry(DBA)" <shastry17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:01:08 +0530

Hello,

I have level0 backup of oct 12th and unfortunately associated level1's
backups are not available. User is asking till Oct 17th 2PM. Using the
existing 12th full backup, can i restore and recover until oct 17th 2PM(in
my case) in test environment. Please advice if there is a chance to restore
only archives to the test server on some mount and then apply archives
manually till the requested time, if suppose it is possible can we mention
the specific location to restore the required archives ( i believe we need
to mention the SCN number to restore).

Thanks in advance,
Ann