Re: How to restore only archives from RMAN catalog

  • From: "Syed Jaffar Hussain" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guillermo.bort@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:36:29 +0300

>>Set until time '17-10-2008 00:00:00';"**
I doubt it will work correctly.
If I am not wrong, you should use "*to_date*('17-10-2008 00:00:00',
'DD-MM-YYYY HH:MI:SS')"

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Bort, Guillermo <guillermo.bort@xxxxxxx>wrote:

> Something like
>
> Export NLS_DATE='dd-mm-yyyy hh24:mi:ss'
> Rman target /
> Run {
> Set until time '17-10-2008 00:00:00';
> Restore database;
> Recover database;
> Alter database open resetlogs;
> }
>
> *Should* work
>
> Guillermo Alan Bort
> DBA / DBA Main Team
>
> EDS, an HP company

Best Regards,

Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle Certified Master (10g)
http://www.oracle.com/technology/ocm/shussain.html
Oracle ACE
http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=19297:4:1579866181463918::NO:4:P4_ID:126
OCP 8i,9i & 10g DBA
RAC Certified Expert
Official Oracle RAC SIG Representative for Saudi Arabian region  (
http://www.oracleracsig.org/)
I blog at
http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."