How to match hash_value

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 13:52:57 -0700

Hi List,

I'm trying to do the ol' stored outline swap-a-roo trick and I'm trying
to mimic the query coming from an application, but can't get it to come
out with the exact same hash_value even though I have the exact same
query text, with the same case and it appears to have the same white
space as you can see below, so why don't they have the same hash_value?
Any ideas what I'm missing?  I suspect it may be a difference in the
white spaces, e.g. I have spaces where the original has a tab, but how
can I find out what the white spaces are supposed to be?

Thanks,
Brandon

SQL> select hash_value, sql_text from v$sql where hash_value in
(3486651370,1343167348);

HASH_VALUE
----------
SQL_TEXT
--------
3486651370
SELECT s1.spec_template_id,s1.spec_id,s2.spec_template_id
ass_spec_template_id,
 s2.spec_id ass_spec_id,s1.company_id,
s1.project_id,s1.spec_class_type,s2.spec
_class_type ass_spec_class_type,sa.ass_type  FROM IBS_SPEC s1, IBS_SPEC
s2, IBS_
SPEC_ASSIGNMENTS sa  WHERE s1.spec_id = sa.spec_id  AND s2.spec_id = :1
AND sa.
ass_spec_id = :2

1343167348