Re: How to browse folders in PL/SQL

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 13:22:01 -0700

See my article on external tables at DBAZine.
There's a method to do that with Java, it's pretty simple.

http://www.dbazine.com/still1.shtml

Jared

Srinivasan Vasan <Vasan.Srinivasan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 05/11/2004 08:13 AM
 Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        How to browse folders in PL/SQL

Hi! All,

            Is there a way to find all the files in a directory/folder
within PL/SQL (9.2.0.5) without using external procedure calls? Ideally, I
want to loop through all the files in the directory performing some
operation on each file.

            I can, of course, do this in UNIX by writing a shell script to
generate the SQL to call the process for each file, but a pure PL/SQL
implementation would be more elegant and would be platform independent.
For
the time being, I am using a Java procedure (courtesy Tom Kyte).

Cheers,

Vasan.

This email and any attached to it are confidential and intended only for
the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the
intended
recipient, please let us know by telephoning or emailing the sender.  You
should also delete the email and any attachment from your systems and
should
not copy the email or any attachment or disclose their content to any
other
person or entity.  The views expressed here are not necessarily those of
Churchill Insurance Group plc or its affiliates or subsidiaries. Thank
you.

Churchill Insurance Group plc.  Company Registration Number - 2280426.
England.

Registered Office: Churchill Court, Westmoreland Road, Bromley, Kent BR1
1DP.